Pages

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Stuffed Bonfire Night Apples

"Remember Remember, The Fifth of November, Gunpowder Treason And Plot. I See No Reason Why The Gunpowder Treason Should Ever Be Forgot!"



Today when I left for work it was absolutely freezing and I seriously wasn't dressed for it! So when I got home I was in the mood for something autumny and wintery. For me, this time of year is all about cinnamon and cloves and mixed spice. I just love that smell and just can't get enough of them. 
I feel I have to warn you that when you cook this your entire house will smell so good that you'll have your nose pressed up against the oven like some kind of winter spice junkie! 

Stuffed Bonfire Night Spicy Apples

2 Braburn Apples 
a handfull of raisins
a handfull of granola (I used Quaker Oats Granola - best cereal EVER!)
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
2 teaspoons of mixed spice
2 tablespoons of demerara sugar
2 nobs of butter
approximately 40 whole cloves

Preheat the oven to 180C/356F. 
Firstly core the apples and score them around the middle (this stops them bursting open in the oven). 
The skin of a braburn apple is quite soft so it will be easy to poke the apple with the cloves. Make 3 lines of cloves around each apple.
Then in a bowl mix together the sugar, cinnamon, mixed spice, granola and raisins. 
Put the apples in a deep sided brownie tin and fill the middle of each apple with the mixture. 
Put a nob of butter on the top of each apple and pour a little bit water into the tin. 
Then bake for 30 minutes and enjoy the delicious smells!
Once cooked leave to cool for at least 5 minutes (they will be like an inferno inside so be careful) and then enjoy! 

I hope everyone has a lovely Bonfire Night!

Katie 
x



No comments:

Post a Comment